Justice of the Peace Services
Justice of the Peace Services delivers a range of services to the South Australian community. It administers the application, appointment, conduct and removal of Justices of the Peace (JPs). The Service also maintains and updates the South Australian Justice of the Peace Roll - a database of over 7,000 JPs in South Australia. Contact Justice of the Peace Services where staff are available to:
- answer queries about the appointment of JPs and how to become a JP
- assist members of the public to find a JP
- provide verification of JP identification numbers and whether a person is a JP
- provide support to JPs carrying out the functions of their office
- handle complaints against JPs.