Find a Justice of the Peace (JP)

The Attorney-General's Department

Find a Justice of the Peace (JP)


Online Roll of JPs

To find a JP in your area:
JPs are volunteers who offer their time freely and may not be available at all times. Note that only the name, suburb and telephone number of JPs are available to members of the public.

Attorney-General's Department JP Volunteer Service

The service operates Monday - Friday during business hours at Chesser House Level 2, 91-97 Grenfell Street, Adelaide.
Contact Justice of the Peace Services:
  • to ensure a JP is on duty,
  • to make an appointment if you have more than 10 documents.

Your Council

Councils often have JPs on their staff. To ensure a JP is available call your local council. If you do not know which Council area you are in:

Your local electorate office

Most Electorate Offices have JPs on staff. Call your electorate office to ensure that a JP is available. To find the address or telephone number of your electorate office go to the members section of the South Australian Parliament website.


Courts have JPs available to provide witnessing services to the public. Please note that court documents receive priority attention by JPs. Find out the address of your local court on the Courts Administration Authority website.

Police Stations

Proclaimed police officers are authorised to witness and attest documents. Contact your local police station to ensure that a proclaimed police officer is available. Search for your local police station on the SAPOL website.
Last updated: 
Thursday, 9 March 2017
Printer-friendly versionSend by email