The Attorney-General's Department supports a number of councils with roles in the justice system.
Sentencing Advisory Council of South Australia
The Sentencing Advisory Council aims to enhance the community’s knowledge and understanding on matters relating to sentencing and to bridge the gap between the courts and the community.
Criminal Justice Sector Reform Council
The Criminal Justice Sector Reform Council aims to promote and support a contemporary, effective and efficient criminal justice sector. The council reports on quarterly performance measures for the criminal justice system.
Boards and Committees
Below is a list of the boards and committees for which AGD has administrative responsibility through the Attorney-General and the Minister for Industrial Relations.
- CTP Accreditation Panel
- Da Costa Samaritan Fund Trust
- Legal Practitioners and Admission Council
- Legal Services Commission
- Privacy Committee of South Australia
- Security and Investigation Agents Act 1995, Industry/Consumer Assessor Panel
- Sentencing Advisory Council of South Australia
- South Australian Classification Council
- State Records Council
- Training Centre Review Board.
- Construction Industry Long Service Leave Board
- Industrial Relations Consultative Council
- Return to Work Corporation of South Australia Board of Management
- Return To Work Minister’s Advisory Committee.