You can contact the Attorney-General’s Department (AGD) in several ways:
Email the department at Attorney-General'sDepartment [at] agd.sa.gov.au. You can include attachments in your email.
Use this form to submit a general enquiry to the department.
Use this form to submit feedback, compliments or complaints to the department.
If your message is sensitive or you are seeking a formal response from the department, please consider using the postal address listed below.
- Post: GPO Box 464, Adelaide SA 5001
- Address: 45 Pirie Street Adelaide SA 5000
- Phone: (08) 8207 1555
- Email: Attorney-General'sDepartment [at] agd.sa.gov.au
Please note that internet forms and emails are not secure mediums to transfer information. Use the department’s postal address in the following circumstances:
- if your message is sensitive
- to send invitations and meeting requests
- to send correspondence requiring hard copy, sensitive or confidential supporting attachments (such as photos or documents)
- if you are seeking a formal response from the department.
All correspondence to the Attorney-General's Department must include a return postal address.
Once your views and suggestions have been carefully considered, depending on the nature of your correspondence, you may receive a reply via Australia Post.
Please note that the Attorney-General is unable to comment on matters presented in court or on judicial decisions.
You can also contact some AGD divisions directly. Use the links below to find the contact details for AGD’s major divisions.
- Consumer and Business Services
- Crown Solicitor's Office
- Equal Opportunity Commission
- Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit
- Forensic Science SA
- SA Industrial Relations Tribunal
- Legal Profession Conduct Commissioner
- Office of Crime Statistics and Research
- Office of Parliamentary Counsel
- Office of the Commissioner for Victims' Rights
- Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
- Office of the Public Advocate
- Ombudsman SA
- Public Trustee
- SA Classification Council
- SafeWork SA
- Sentencing Advisory Council
- South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT)
- South Australian Employment Tribunal (SAET)
- South Australian Health Practitioners Tribunal
- State Records
AGD gets a lot of requests to help with homework and study. While it's impossible to answer them all, this page may be a good starting point for your research.
- Attorney-General’s Department: Organisational structure
- Premier and Ministers: Latest news and information (including media releases) from the Government of South Australia
- Ministerial Office: Contact the Hon John Rau MP
- Law Handbook: Overview of South Australian law in everyday language
- South Australian Legislation: A-Z database with current and historical versions of Acts, Bills, policies, regulations and rules. Includes a guide to understanding legislation
- Parliament of South Australia: To access transcripts of relevant parliamentary debate, use the Hansard database. Education section: parliament.sa.gov.au/Education
- Courts Administration Authority: For teachers and school students
- sa.gov.au: Government of South Australia information and services.