The Crown Solicitor's Office (CSO) is the Government of South Australia's legal service and provides advice to Cabinet, ministers and government agencies.
The Crown Solicitor’s Office (CSO):
- represents the government before courts and tribunals
- drafts legal documents
- provides conveyancing and other property related services
- resolves native title claim issues.
You cannot seek legal advice from the CSO as a member of the public.
For general legal enquiries contact:
Areas of practice
Our services are similar to a large private law firm, but we only have one client - the Government of South Australia.
The office is split into 4 main sections:
- medical negligence claims
- public liability claims
- employment and worker's compensation claims
- contractual and other commercial disputes.
The section also includes a team specialised in advising the Attorney-General on claims made under the Victims of Crime Act 2001.
- statutory interpretation advice
- advice and representation of the government in child protection matters
- workplace safety and professional standards prosecutions.
- planning and development advice
- environmental advice and prosecutions
- land acquisition
- native title and Aboriginal heritage
- government procurement and major projects
- energy and resources
- property and conveyancing
- commercial negotiation and drafting.
Contact the Crown Solicitor’s Office
GPO Box 464, Adelaide SA 5001
Level 15, 10 Franklin Street
Adelaide, SA 5000
Phone: 8207 1720
Email: CSO-BusinessServices [at] sa.gov.au