The 10.5km Torrens to Darlington (T2D) Project is the final and most complex section of the North-South Corridor (NSC).
The T2D Project is the biggest road infrastructure project in South Australia's history and will complete 78km of non-stop motorway between Gawler and Old Noarlunga.
Given the complexity and scale of the project, significant legal services will be required.
As per Treasurer's Instruction 10 (Engagement of Legal Practitioners), the Crown Solicitor can grant approval to engage private lawyers in appropriate circumstances.
Private legal firms and practitioners can nominate to be included on the Multi-Use List to receive work from the CSO for the North-South Corridor Project.
Firms and practitioners will need to nominate their areas of expertise:
- Regulatory approvals
- Land acquisition
- Environment and planning
- Major projects (including construction)
- General commercial (non-litigation)
- General property (non-litigation)
- Intellectual property and information technology
- Commercial litigation
- Public and Administrative (including FOI and review of statutory decision-making).
The MUL will be used to brief work related to the North-South Corridor Project.
If you have already applied for inclusion on the CSO's Pre-qualification Register, you will need to submit a separate application for the MUL as the requirements are different.
Inclusion on the MUL does not guarantee work.
To be included on the MUL, legal practitioners must:
- hold a South Australian legal practising certificate
- agree to provide legal services:
- based on the CSO's Standard Terms of Engagement (or propose acceptable departures)
- at standard TI10 rates (or propose acceptable departures)
- maintain a permanent South Australian office, or propose arrangements to provide advice and representation in person in Adelaide.
Further details are outlined in the application form (DOC 3MB).
The 10.5km Torrens to Darlington (T2D) Project is the final piece of the 78km North-South Corridor and the most significant road infrastructure project ever undertaken in South Australia.
The project will include twin tunnels, lowered and ground-level motorways, new intersections as well as overpasses and underpasses. When complete around 60 per cent of the T2D Project will be underground tunnels.
See the DIT website for more details about the project.
For queries about the MUL:
Phone: (08) 7109 8446
Email: CSO-LegalMUL [at] sa.gov.au