The Office for Design and Architecture South Australia (ODASA) promotes the value of good design and advocates for high quality design across South Australia's built environments.
ODASA works to improve our communities by:
- embedding design quality in government and planning policy
- shaping and influencing significant developments
- promoting the role of good design in contributing to healthy neighbourhoods
- supporting design innovation
- promoting the integration of smart and sustainable technologies.
The ODASA team is led by the South Australian Government Architect and has expertise in architecture, heritage, landscape architecture, urban design and urban planning.
The Government Architect role in South Australia oversees the state’s Design Review program, provides independent advice to major precincts and large-scale development proposals and supports government procurement and current planning reforms.