The AGD Strategic Plan 2016-18 articulates the department's vision over next two years, including its purpose and goals.
A safe, inclusive, fair and prosperous South Australia
Develop and deliver laws, policy and services that support safety and prosperity and enable timely, fair and inclusive justice for all South Australians.
- Develop laws and policy that increase personal, public and workplace safety.
- Engage with communities on strategies that prevent crime and reduce harm.
- Strengthen systems that protect children, women and victims.
- Educate businesses and consumers early, to better ensure safety.
- Support the delivery of emergency services in SA.
- Collaborate with business on ways to keep workplaces and communities safe.
- Reduce red tape, to reduce costs and to support business prosperity.
- Design and deliver timely, accessible and fair dispute resolution services and systems.
- Inform individuals, employers and businesses about their legal obligations.
- Promote and protect the rights of vulnerable people.
- Help victims exercise their rights and access assistance.
- Provide mechanisms to enforce legal rights and obligations that are streamlined and simple, to minimise red tape and compliance costs.
- Enable a system of public integrity and access to information in South Australia.
- Pursue reforms that make South Australia’s criminal justice system more timely and effective.
- Ensure that justice system reforms benefit victims, whilst being inclusive of defendants and of practitioners’ needs.
- Make it easier for clients, partners and citizens to interact with us, including through technology.
- Consult those affected by proposed justice system reforms.
- Provide a framework to deal with disputes early and efficiently, to provide fair outcomes and a cost-effective system.
- Collaborate on policy and services within AGD, across government and with communities.
- Improve our services by asking for and listening to feedback from people who use them.
- Use technology and systems that get results and make it easier for people to work with us.
- Invest in our people so they have the tools, knowledge and skills that they need to deliver results.
- Recognise and value staff diversity and effort.
- Be willing to try new ideas and take risks.
- Protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff.
In addition to the vision, purpose and goals outlined overleaf, the strategic plan integrates the 8 South Australian public sector values:
- collaboration and engagement
- honesty and integrity
- courage and tenacity
These values underpin our approach every day, and direct the way we work to achieve our goals.