Go to top of page

Licensing and registrations

Licensing ensures regulated industries provide high quality services to South Australians. Licences are required for industries including building and construction, liquor and gambling, security, real estate and charities. Licences must be updated regularly. 

SafeWork SA

SafeWork SA administers a number of licences relating to work health and safety. Licences ensure workers are trained and assessed to perform high-risk work. Licences also ensure workplace facilities have appropriate control measures and safety management systems in place for sensitive materials and high-risk work.

For further information on licensing please visit SafeWork SA or call 1300 365 255.


Consumer and Business Services

Consumer and Business Services (CBS) helps South Australian businesses, industries and community groups meet recognised standards for their work and business interactions. This is done through issuing licences, business notifications and registrations.