Your complaint can help us improve the way we work and ensure our services can benefit our community and are as efficient as possible.

Use the secure complaint form on SA.GOV.AU to ensure any personal information you share is protected.

Make a complaint – SA.GOV.AU online form

You can also contact us by:


Phone: 1800 177 076

  • your name
  • the best way to contact you during business hours
  • who we need to contact if you are making a complaint on behalf of someone else
  • any help you need to communicate with us, such as an interpreter
  • the details of your complaint
  • if you have contacted us about this before
  • what you would like to happen next.

If you need an interpreter on the phone, call 13 14 50 to request the service and phone us on 1800 177 076.

Customers who are deaf, hearing impaired or who have a speech impediment can contact AGD through the National Relay Service (NRS):

  • TTY users phone 133 677
  • Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727
  • Internet relay users connect to the NRS

You will need to ask the service to connect you to AGD on 1800 177 076.

We will:

  • make sure the steps to make a complaint are clear and easy to understand
  • confirm we have received the complaint within 5 working days of receiving it (where contact details are included)
  • assess complaints within 10 days of confirming we have received it
  • strive to resolve complaints within 21 working days of confirming we have received it
  • treat you fairly, in an unbiased and objective way
  • manage your personal information in line with privacy laws and policies
  • be clear about how a complaint has been handled. If you aren’t satisfied with the result, we will tell you how to appeal or have the way we handled the complaint reviewed
  • use your complaint to help us improve the way we work and our services.


AGD Complaints, compliments and feedback policy (PDF, 172.4 KB)

Corruption, misconduct and maladministration

There are clear pathways to report suspected wrongdoing in the Attorney-General’s Department.

You should make a complaint if you think an AGD staff member has broken the law, or acted in a way that is seriously inappropriate or negligent.

The Office for Public Integrity gives clear instructions for the steps you need to take.

Make a report to OPI

Public officers must comply with the reporting directions from OPI.

Anyone can report suspected corruption, misconduct or maladministration. This is called a public interest disclosure (PID).

Public officers can access further protections under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2018 if they reasonably suspect potential corruption, misconduct or maladministration. They must still report to ICAC but the response will follow the PID Act.

Learn more about public interest disclosures.