Consumer and Business Services (CBS) provides free advice and information about rights and obligations under residential tenancy, rooming house and residential park agreements.

Whether you are renting or managing a rental property, tenancy laws are in place to protect you.

Learn more about Renting and tenancy rights - SA.GOV.AU website


If you have a renting dispute you should first try to find a solution by discussing it with the other person.

Find out more about Resolving disputes on SA.GOV.AU website.

If you haven’t been able to resolve it together, you can apply for the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT) to step in.

SACAT can help through:

  • agreement at a conference
  • conciliation or mediation
  • a decision of the tribunal at a hearing.

SACAT website