Applications for authorisation and determination

Before making a determination, giving an authorisation or declaring by regulation a site or object under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1988, the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, who is responsible for this Act, must take all reasonable steps to consult with both:

  • the State Aboriginal Heritage Committee
  • any Aboriginal organisation, Traditional Owners and other Aboriginal people who, in opinion of the Minister, have an interest in the matter.

For information about previous applications, please call Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation on (08) 8226 8900.

There are no current applications open for consultation.