As part of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap, all state and territory governments are required to release an annual report, detailing their progress on both the National Agreement and their jurisdictional implementation plan.
The South Australian Annual Report provides an overview of actions that have progressed over 2021-22, including a progress update for each action in South Australia's Implementation Plan.
Of the 254 actions in South Australia's Implementation Plan:
- 36 have been completed
- 203 are in progress (172 on track and 3 delayed)
- 12 have not yet commenced (1 has been delayed, and 11 are not yet due to commence)
- 3 are no longer being progressed.
South Australia's Annual Report 2021-22 - National Agreement on Closing the Gap (PDF, 2.0 MB)
Closing the Gap Action Updates (PDF, 1007.7 KB)
On 10 November 2022, the South Australian Government signed a formal Partnership Agreement with the South Australian Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation Network (SAACCON).
The Partnership Agreement will ensure the government and SAACCON work together on achieving the targets in both the National Agreement and the South Australian Implementation Plan.
An updated Implementation Plan will be developed in early 2023.
There are also other meaningful actions occurring outside of the Implementation Plan:
- implementing Voice, Treaty and Truth
- establishing an Advisory Commission into the Incarceration Rates of Aboriginal People in South Australia
- enshrining the Nunga Courts in legislation.